The English Club aims to promote the use of English and to provide pupils with opportunities to use English purposefully. Its activities are pupil-centred and often involve pupils’ participation in external competitions, making the learning experience both fun, dynamic and authentic.
• To cultivate a love and appreciation for the English Language
• To provide a language-rich environment for language acquisition
• To equip pupils with the necessary skills for external competitions
• Training in debate, public speaking and presentation skills
• Literature appreciation
• Preparation for English Language Competitions (eg. ‘Wits and Words’ debates) and drama performances
Day(s) & Time of Meeting:
Fridays: 2.15p.m. to 4.15p.m.
Mrs Joanne Hoe (1/c)
Ms Valentina Fernandez (21/c)